Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little more ready for $&@#. Got the Caster on the Case 446 this morning. Jumpins what a beepin thing to get on. Any way, still have to get the belt on, chains on, and make something to carry my weights. Got the thrower waxed and parts of the tractor. Finish it all up tomorrow, hopefully.

And a couple pictures of the snow removal team for this year. Same as last year, but thought you might like to see.

Noel

Attachments

·
Registered
Ingersoll 224, 1989
243 Posts
A little more ready for $&@#. Got the Caster on the Case 446 this morning. Jumpins what a beepin thing to get on. Any way, still have to get the belt on, chains on, and make something to carry my weights. Got the thrower waxed and parts of the tractor. Finish it all up tomorrow, hopefully.

And a couple pictures of the snow removal team for this year. Same as last year, but thought you might like to see.

Noel
Very clean Case. (y) I have been fortunate to not need chains once I installed lugged ag tires. I am also fortunate to only have to manhandle the 38" caster for installation.

You darn near have a different rig for every day of the week. :)

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very clean Case. (y) I have been fortunate to not need chains once I installed lugged ag tires. I am also fortunate to only have to manhandle the 38" caster for installation.

You darn near have a different rig for every day of the week. :)
Hehe. I would if I had them all here at home. Some of them are at my sons place.

Noel

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A little more done today to the Case 446. A weight carrier. Just out of stuff I had here. So about 50 to 55 lbs there. Easy on and off. Still need two bungee cords. What colour bungee do I get ????

So remove two bungee cords, lift off the two jugs and remove one bolt. That’s it, summer mode.

And, if I or someone gets stuck. Easy to get some traction aid out of the jugs. Then refill.

Still have to get the belt on yet.

Noel

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1976 Sears SS16, 2008 JD 2320
14,164 Posts
You’ve got some fine looking tractors there Noel! You never know what winter is going to throw at you. You should be prepared for whatever comes along. I see you have your priorities straight. Fire wood stacked to the ceiling to make room for more tractors! I couldn’t plow my driveway in all conditions without chains. I have a hill up to the road and if it’s icy that hill will stop me in my tracks without chains. It doesn’t help that snow always seems to be deeper on that hill and at the top is the road and the plow berm. Since the road plow always does my side of the street first the berms can be huge. Looks like we could get some weather this weekend with a so called Weather bomb headed our way. I think NFLD may end up with the worst of it.

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You’ve got some fine looking tractors there Noel! You never know what winter is going to throw at you. You should be prepared for whatever comes along. I see you have your priorities straight. Fire wood stacked to the ceiling to make room for more tractors! I couldn’t plow my driveway in all conditions without chains. I have a hill up to the road and if it’s icy that hill will stop me in my tracks without chains. It doesn’t help that snow always seems to be deeper on that hill and at the top is the road and the plow berm. Since the road plow always does my side of the street first the berms can be huge. Looks like we could get some weather this weekend with a so called Weather bomb headed our way. I think NFLD may end up with the worst of it.
Good day Brian. Ya I hope I’m ready. Hehe. Any day now we could the the $&@#. Forecast doesn’t sound to bad for here. But that’s when it sneaks up on you.

Noel

Reactions: IHCubCadet147

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Reactions: IHCubCadet147

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There now. Two bungee cords on weight jugs. Now to get the belt on. And soon. !!!!

Noel

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1976 Sears SS16, 2008 JD 2320
14,164 Posts
The rear end of that Case looks Boss Noel. Great idea with the plastic jugs. Built in handle just like the metal weights for about 1/50th the cost. I refuse to pay what they are asking for wheel or hanging weights these days at a dealer. In fact new tractor prices are spiralling out of reach for me. Just a basic JD 500 series GT, which is pretty light weight, will run you 10 K with a deck on it. If I spend 1/3 of that on the Sears I just bought and a bunch of attachments I will have something that is more versatile and I can repair it myself.

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Were you afraid they would jump out and abandon ship?
I figured they would stay in. But just to be sure. You know, the power of this tractor could throw them right out, if you stepped on her, hehe.

Noel

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts