Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!
4,461 Posts

·
Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!
4,461 Posts
I wonder what their track record is. I hear they are being used alot in africia.
The tractors are cheap and that makes them interesting for third world states. Next month, on the agritechnica in Hanover, you can see the chinese engineers making photos of every machine they see and two years later you'll find the result on the agritechnica again.

Four years ago I saw chinese tractors original looking like Deutz or MF...

Reactions: Alc and karel

·
Make Stuff Up
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think those tractors look really stout and I doubt they are junk since china uses them (they send the junk to the U.S :rolling:)

I thought they had some interesting machines, it's not like I'm going to go order a couple shipping containers of them :angel:

·
Registered
911 Posts
They won't meet US emission standards and are made to run on dirty fuel.

At one point China had a mandatory equipment replacement at either two or three years. I don't recall the timeframe or if it's still a law. That's what led to all of the gray market Kubotas in the US. Until Kubota figured out the guy importing them was single handedly killing new tractor sales.

And you're right, they will "reverse engineer" things in a heartbeat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.