Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These were actually mounted to 15" MTD rims when I got them, but I believe they will fit 12" rims since I am not aware of any Bolens with 15" rims (of course, I've been wrong before).

Probably would fit many tractors, but they are stamped "Bolens" on the wheel side.

Thoughts? I'm one of those annoying guys who puts a fair price on stuff and doesn't haggle, so I'm looking for a no-argument price.

·
Procrastinators unite tomorrow
1,417 Posts
Fair price buck a pound, but many will pay 2 bucks a pound to finish a tractor

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
They look like a big flat plate? As John said a buck a pound but if your going to sell them ten bucks lest is a good way.

Most people ask to much for these.

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
Scrap price here was around .33/ lb when I bought KK's weights.
The most I've ever paid for a set of weights was $60 for a pair of 35 lb ea Sears weights, so .85/ lb...
If I was putting yours online, it would be at $1/lb (or higher because of the name on them).

·
Registered
393 Posts
I sold a set of 35lb stacking IH Cub weights for $125.00 last year. I didn't put a price on them, instead I wrote "best offer"on the yard sale tag. The $125 was the first offer.... so I guess price is only relevant to the person with the cash lol. I didn't try to negotiate price either. Although I agree, many of the weights online are extremely over priced and then you usually have to pay expensive shipping on top of that price too.

Nick

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
These were actually mounted to 15" MTD rims when I got them, but I believe they will fit 12" rims since I am not aware of any Bolens with 15" rims (of course, I've been wrong before).

Probably would fit many tractors, but they are stamped "Bolens" on the wheel side.

Thoughts? I'm one of those annoying guys who puts a fair price on stuff and doesn't haggle, so I'm looking for a no-argument price.
Email me a photo when you can "Joe" lol

I might be interested. If not I can maybe tell you what they fit. Or were intended to fit.

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
If they look like the ones on the right side in this pic, they are for the 15" wheels that were available on the Bolens large frames.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:56236]

·
Registered
393 Posts
I'm not sure if I have ever seen a large frame with the 15" wheels? Was this an option on the later model HT's?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I completely forgot they had the larger wheels with skinny tires. I was picturing a 15 inch diameter wheel with the really fat 26 inch tires on it. Sorry - been a long night and my brain wasn't working lol.

·
17 Posts
I paid $75 for a pair of Bolens 12 inch 50 lb weights and thought that was a good price. I see them go for $125 and up on that epay site and a guy even had a set listed at $145 on CL in eastern PA. They were on there a long while, still might be. :D

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I paid $75 for a pair of Bolens 12 inch 50 lb weights and thought that was a good price. I see them go for $125 and up on that epay site and a guy even had a set listed at $145 on CL in eastern PA. They were on there a long while, still might be. :D
75 for a pair of 12" sure is a better then average price. 100 is the norm. I've paid more and I've paid less.

I don't consider 145 that bad. More so if they are local with no shipping involved.

The 15" like I think average joe has, are worth 75 a set at least. I've sold 4 or 5 sets for just that.

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts