Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the poor images. I don't have a high quality camera. This is the lift valve off one of my Q series Bolens. They used the same one for the QT-16 and QT-17. It also appears to be the same valve used on other models.

Wood Door Household hardware Door handle Auto part

Once the spool is removed you can see what looks like an O ring at each end.

Auto part Metal Nickel Titanium Musical instrument

They aren't. They're more like tiny versions of the bearing seal you would use on an axle shaft.

Font Circle Metal Symbol Pattern

One side of the ring is solid and the other is U or C shaped. I don't know what they are called, but read "Lip Seal" on a post. The size is approximately 1/2" OD x 5/16" ID x 1/8" thick. Anyone know of a source for these? Bolens offered a rebuild kit, but a google search came up blank. Thank you, Paul.

Attachments

·
DR. Bolens
19,152 Posts
I have a NOS kit here but am keeping it for reproduction purposes

I have the clips and seals interchanged but have not ordered any yet. If none of the sponsors have a kit to sell you I'll put one together and get the order placed for the necessary parts, may take about 2 weeks though

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a NOS kit here but am keeping it for reproduction purposes

I have the clips and seals interchanged but have not ordered any yet. If none of the sponsors have a kit to sell you I'll put one together and get the order placed for the necessary parts, may take about 2 weeks though
Didn't notice any clips? Would need 8 of the seals. Figure I might as well rebuild the valves on all 4 of my Qt16's. Thanks, Paul.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
That valve looks identical to the ones on early Wheel Horse GT's!

I would be interested in a couple of (complete) repair kits too!

·
Super Moderator
55,382 Posts
That is the valve I am using on Alice. It originally came from a Ford! I have a Sealco close by that may have those!

Reactions: Paulgo

·
Super Moderator
55,382 Posts
Those folks deal in odd stuff every day!

Reactions: Paulgo

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For those who have had these apart how critical is the spring length? I can get one thats .0525 '' Longer than the original
I didn't take the spring out of mine, so can't say. Seals appear to be the only thing needing replaced. Can you post a pic of what the original rebuild kit came with? Paul

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.