Garden Tractor Forums banner

Rebuild kit for Zenith/Bendex carbs

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  drbish 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone

Does anyone know the part number for a rebuild kit for the Zenith/Bendex, carburetor on the 1050's I own?

If any dealers are out there please respond.

Thank's alot,

Thomas

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Assuming you have the original carb on there you will need this kit, Dont fall for the cheap aftermarkets as the throttle seals are not the right size.

http://bolenspartsandsupplies.com/wisconsin-engine-parts/lq33-lq39-wisconsin-engine-zenith-carburetor-rebuild-kit/

I also have just the gasket kit if you need to do a simple cleaning:

http://bolenspartsandsupplies.com/wisconsin-engine-parts/bolens-wisconsin-engine-zenith-carburetor-gasket-kit-93c181-329-l68-series-free-shipping/

Main jets are also available but those were always sold separately

#5 ·
It is a bit pricey but I do like everything to be working and original. The other alternative is to get a old one and get it serviced again using your rebuilt kit. I think mine cannot be skimmed to even out the warping as it's too close to the float. I will put up a Wanted post shortly.

Cheers

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
You might want to give this guy a shout. I just sent a Zenith off to him. The throttle plate rod was worn really bad. He is very good or at least he has been with me.http://www.tubeframes.com/
I bought many kits from him and even a rebuilt carb when I first started fixing these tractors and some of the stuff is not right, for example his L80 carb kits have the incorrect bushing sizes for the throttle plate shaft.

The rebuilt carb was 120$ and the throttle plate was so stiff the governor could not operate, sent it back to get fixed and he reshipped it back with the same issue. I ended up having to buy the correct bushings from Brian to fix the issue myself and get my 3 tractors up and running again.

From my experience his L63 carb kits seem OK though. I rebuilt one with no problems so I guess if you're getting him rebuild that model of zenith it would work out.

I save myself the aggravation now and buy Wisconsin kits.

#12 ·
I dont like knocking anyone but tubeframes does seem to have a "Its Close enough" motto on the parts , I think what hurts them is they are also trying to sell as cheap as possible which doesnt always work out well IMO.

I used to carry those kits because they were cheap but had way too many issues with them so I only carry Genuine parts now for them.

#13 ·
Tube frames did the drive line for my 900, the shaft was so bad that he had to replace it. I did not have any issues with it. Also as you know B 1000 that in my last order to you I ordered a kit for the Zenith carb. Since it did not include a throttle plate rod is the reason I sent it to tube frames. I have two carbs to rebuild.

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
I dont like knocking anyone but tubeframes does seem to have a "Its Close enough" motto on the parts , I think what hurts them is they are also trying to sell as cheap as possible which doesnt always work out well IMO.

I used to carry those kits because they were cheap but had way too many issues with them so I only carry Genuine parts now for them.
You may be right, another issue I had was with the reproduction bronze bushings for the right hub, I had bought one set and they were so tight I struggled to get the drive collar fitted back inside, I managed to do it only by getting the hub back on the wheel first in order to have extra leverage to twist the hub back on. I drove my tractor around the yard for months with no free wheel pin after that . :wallbanging:

#15 ·
I have been offered a chance to buy a carb for my Wisconsin TRA12D engine for my 1254. Can anyone identify this carb? Is this the correct one?

Thanks.

Camera accessory Camera lens Plastic Personal protective equipment Circuit component

Camera accessory Optical instrument Auto part Machine Scientific instrument

Finger Auto part Gear Personal protective equipment Helmet

Camera accessory Camera lens Lens Cameras & optics Optical instrument

Black Audio equipment Engineering Electronic device Font

Machine Optical instrument Auto part Scientific instrument Camera accessory

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.