Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a Snapper 1650 that's been sitting in a friend's back yard for the last ten years. Interested in bringing it back to full working order and thought joining this community could be a big help. Haven't worked on a lawn tractor before so I'm confident I'll have plenty of questions. Been looking around the site and it looks like a lot of folks have been down this road already- thus I'll try not to ask to many of the same questions that have already been answered. Thanks in advance!

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Snap1650,welcome to the forum.Glad to have you with us.
PLease post lots of photos as you go.

Reactions: Snap1650

·
Tractorholic
4,070 Posts
Welcome Snap1650! Glad you found us and congrats on the Snapper 1650! Can't wait to see some pictures!

We have a lot of great people on this site that will be able to assist you along the way. Just make yourself at home and don't be afraid to ask questions! Good luck

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
But that ain't no lawn tractor, that's a bruiser of a garden tractor! Many of us here can help, so don't hesitate to ask.

·
Another Classic Tractor
2,496 Posts
Welcome! Take lots of pics, have fun and don't be afraid to ask anything.

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
Welcome to the site Snap1650. As Daniel said there are quite a few around that can help you. Do you have any kind of mechanical background?

·
Super Moderator
54,363 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have some volunteers for getting it fixed. There's help on posting pics in my signature. Those are a must have around these parts!

·
Registered
10,120 Posts
Welcome SNAP1650. I have a 1600A. They are great tractors and you will love it. The usual problems are: water in the fuel system, mice in the covers, and the points and condenser need replacing. The manuals are available for downloading here. When asking questions, pictures help. The little rubber gromet at the bottom of the gas tank usually only lasts 5 years so check it. NAPA has new ones for about $2.75.
Good Luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts