Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been collecting bolens paper work from day one of my bolens buying days I have a stack of stuff from 1940s the 1990s.

Before sunny's/Tripod's site goes down I have copied all the year info to a Microsoft excel for safekeeping. I am also fixing mistakes and exspanding it from 1948-1984 to 1919-1987.

I have most of the tractor info but I like to add chainsaws, tillers, carts, walk behind snow blowers, maybe even add the year range of implements later on. If any of you have info from 1919 to 1987 or later to add let me know I like it backed up by paper work not hearsay I think that will be best.

TRANSMISSION TYPE

DESCRIPTION NUMBER

MODEL TYPE

ENGINE MODEL & TYPE

HP

NUMBER OF SPEEDS

BOLENS

PEERLESS

EATON HYDRO

SUNDSTRAND HYDRO MODEL 15

REMARKS

^ This is how I have it set up if you can fill in the what applies would be great.

Also looking for service school/seminar paper work that any one is willing to sell.

I have years 1969-1970-1971-1972-1973-1974-1977-1980-1981-1982 if any one can fill in the blanks I would be a happy guy.

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Would this be of any use?

I know that there are some mistakes/omissions in it. The 188-01 and 188-02 in 1964 and 1965 are listed as being a 900. They should be listed as the 800.

Also, the 1978 G11 (Model 1155) isn't listed at all. It's specs would be identical to the 1977 G10 except for the engine, It has the 11 Hp B & S 251417-013201 engine.

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice choice of music.
Thanks, I knew some one would see that. I felt like that or Metallica that I am playing now I only like the good sounding stuff myself.

·
Blackjackjakexxix
2,371 Posts
Are you interested in any original chain saw Bolens manuals,I think I still have a few of them left,most are in very nice shape for the age, if so I'll dig them out, Rick

·
RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres
15,608 Posts
Jerome, I hope you find all the info you are looking for. I would really like to read it after your done.. Good Luck !!

Reactions: wilberj

·
DR. Bolens
19,063 Posts
I'll have to take a look and see what I got, I probably have specs for those years somewhere....

I really need to organize my stuff! I have so much literature its almost taking up and entire room, Boxes and binders stacked everywhere! :firejumper:

·
Super Moderator
5,799 Posts
I'm always on the look out for info on the Gilson- Bolens-Beeman connection. I've got some early Bolens advertising if it will help.

·
Old, but not dead -- yet!
3,243 Posts
Jerome:

I'm not sure what you already have and what you need.

Bolens began producing walk-behind tillers in 1954 after they took over M-E (Milwaukee Equipment).

Bolens walk-behind snow blower production began in 1961.

Are you looking for production info ??? .....The Service Seminar books usually provided year/model/engine info.

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guys I'll take any info you are willing to take time to post.

I'll take the time to make a nice list of what bolens made.

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Any one have paper work that list chains saws by year?

·
Bob's Lawn and Garden LLC
2,183 Posts
Jerome if you need any info i have give me a call and i will give it to you. I have alot on the tractors,tillers push mowers some chain saw stuff along with other stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts