Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i'm trying to get out the bearings before i bake this stuff and have two questions.

i just removed the retaining ring from the larger clutch flange and don't know how to get this part out (the rectangular thing that attaches to the yoke). i think i'll punch it from the other side. it looks like some spindles have already been broken off.

second. on the pulley assembly, there is a spacer and two needle bearings. right now, nothing spins. when i put it on the drive shaft and spin it, it spins inside the spacer. i'll know more when i pop them out, but it seems like the spacer should spin?

thanks for all the help,

jeff

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the needle bearings where toasted...

i'm driving to go pick up a new pair at Applied Industries in Sydney, OH.

sam said to just use another piece of steel to pull the whole thing together for the baking.

i'll give you an update soon...

jeff

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Woo hoo!

I got the whole tractor put back together and the lawn is mowed! Thank you all for your support and advice.

It was definitely harder to put back together. I learned some new things! I still haven't got the clutch pedal set up perfect yet, but the whole tractor runs much better, especially when engaging the clutch in a high gear and a load.

Thanks again,

jeff

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright, when i get out to mow next, i'll take some better ones. here's a quick cell phone pic.

baking the discs on was the easiest part. this is what my shish kabab looked like going in the oven. worked great.

and here's the clouds that rolled in when i was finishing up...

again, thank you all for your support!

jeff

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Very nice 850.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts