Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys! I finally got my hands on an Onan 16.serial#BF-MS/327 1E.Now I cleaned the 1/4 inch of crud out of the carb and it runs really good for 2 to3 minutes then dies like it starved itself of fuel. Its out of a SS16 sears.Just wondering if someone could tell me how many turns the single jet should be turned out. Cant seem to find a manual with this carb?I think its a Nikki 75k? Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle brake Automotive fuel system Alloy wheel Tire Wheel Automotive tire Crankset Vehicle brake And does the float look to be set correctly?Thanks

Attachments

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kenny,but I have that manual and that is a DD carb which this engine does not have.

·
Super Moderator
54,481 Posts
Gotcha! Not sure where to get that carb info right now!

·
Collecter
1,423 Posts
For initial adjustment of Nikkei carburator,idle open 3/4 turn.If equipped with optional main fuel adjustment open 1 1/2 turns.Float should have 0.00 plus or minus.0.028 clearance between machined surface without gasket to float edge.I got off the kindle and scanned the page after i posted.had to wait my turn.

Font Book Parallel Publication Paper

Attachments

·
the homeless tractor hoarder
5,248 Posts
If your carb settings were off very much at all it wouldn't run good for even a minute or two.

More than likely you will have to put an electric fuel pump on there or it will make you say bad words every time you try to run it. Those overpriced-and-very inadequate Onan fuel pumps often cause the problem you are having. Get an electric pump with about 2 maybe 3 pounds pressure tops and the less gallons per hour the better. Good Luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts