Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about a Forum just for Restorations and tips and howtos?

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
I like that idea.

·
RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres
15,608 Posts
I think this would be a good idea. Lets see what the other Mods. and members think. Thanks for the idea !!

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was looking for a place to add a tip on removing decals and didn't find it. Also I think it would help others to see how other members do things instead of looking all over the site.

·
PK Fanatic
5,251 Posts
I like the idea. I enjoy watching restorations progress and one forum would be better into every section to search for them everytime you want to see if it was updated.

·
Hangin' with the cool kids
Ontario, Canada
2,530 Posts
On one of my car forums, I have a section I call "Tech Library"....It is for that type of post, or for links to informative info on sites.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
There is a Mechanical Forum here, maybe there needs to be

Metal Working, Prep and Paint forum also.

·
Live long and prosper
6,786 Posts
I like the idea.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
We just added a Tractor Restoration Tips & Tricks forum for members to share ideas, tips and methods of restoring tractors and parts.

Also remember we have the full front page articles setup and can create multiple categories to organize articles so if you want to write up a tip we can promote it to an article and organize the content that way also.

·
PK Fanatic
5,251 Posts
I just noticed the new section, Looks good! I might have to start restoring something just so to start a thread in there. lol

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Well whoever starts the first thread in there gets a terrific prize!

Of being the first person to post a thread in the new forum.

tada

·
Registered
25 Posts
20210710_154407.jpg 20210706_195124.jpg Just got my first GT running after 17 years sitting in a field. The motor seems to be a rare modle of the Tecumseh HH110. Went through the carb and old school ignition, by hot wiring the starter she starts easily. The control leavers have been converted to foot pedals making it difficult to drive. Other than that everything works. I'm very excited to strip her down and do a complete restoration.

Charlie

1 - 16 of 16 Posts