Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard to find is a Ride-A-Matic mower deck? I have a customer wanting to sell a Ride-A-Matic for $700 with a mower deck and a blade. He claims it is in great original shape, and that the deck is worth that alone. I blinked and mentally made a note to ask you Bolens professionals.

Is that a true statement?

Ben W.

·
Registered
564 Posts
How hard to find is a Ride-A-Matic mower deck? I have a customer wanting to sell a Ride-A-Matic for $700 with a mower deck and a blade. He claims it is in great original shape, and that the deck is worth that alone. I blinked and mentally made a note to ask you Bolens professionals.

Is that a true statement?

Ben W.
. $700 is kind of crazy for a mower deck even for the tractor unless it's a early ride-a-matic

·
Registered
564 Posts
Bolens made a front deck that was a
Just a belly mower with wheels out front they are kind of scarce now these are not the same as the first front mowers I could see probably paying $200 for a good one of those but $700 for any mower deck is pretty crazy But if the tractor is a early ride-a-matic $700 is not out of line for the pair

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:ditto:

Guy is nuts if he thinks a deck is worth that much!

Have pictures?

I've been looking for a front mount deck for my Ride-a-Matic but not at that price :D
No pictures, I haven't seen the tractor yet myself. What's "nice and original" to a guy can scare me sometimes. I've seen "original" resemble a pile of disintegrating parts. "Unrestored condition" they say.

I figured it wasn't worth what he thought. It is a package deal, tractor, deck, and blade for $700.

Ben W.

Reactions: gunstuff1000

·
Registered
564 Posts
No pictures, I haven't seen the tractor yet myself. What's "nice and original" to a guy can scare me sometimes. I've seen "original" resemble a pile of disintegrating parts. "Unrestored condition" they say.

I figured it wasn't worth what he thought. It is a package deal, tractor, deck, and blade for $700.

Ben W.
. If it has the rounded grill then $700 for the package deal isn't out of line really blades worth about $100 by itself

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
. If it has the rounded grill then $700 for the package deal isn't out of line really blades worth about $100 by itself
He said it did. I won't know until I see it. It does have the Kohler in it that came with it.

Ben W.

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Like the old man on pawn stars said you can ask whatever price you like but it dont mean you will get it. :D

Reactions: Bolens 1000
1 - 8 of 8 Posts