Garden Tractor Forums banner

Ride A Matic

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  mixedbreed96 
#1 ·
Hey everybody, just picked up a ride a matic, looking for a set of front wheels and info on how to shift it, has the k161 motor with carter model n carb, got the motor running and working on reassambly, any help is appreciated, thanks Ryan.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
#5 ·
Congrats on the Ride-a-Matic!

Looks to be a 1961 judging by the body and color if it.

The engine has to be running in order to move the speed range selector.

Here's a link to the owners manual and parts list

http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/files/file/2837-233-01-234-01-ride-a-matic-tractor/
Thanks for your judgement! By the looks of the manual and the side of where the levers are, the variable speed lever is snapped off, shouldnt be too hard to make another, i measured the front spindles out to be a 3/4'' diameter, im wondering if the old cubs with the narrow front rims also use this diameter spindle? it had the electric start feature with push button start but the s/g was frozen tight, starts first pull so using the rope start doesnt bother me, i think im going to leave this one as is and make it a worker.

#7 ·
after a little tinkering and a good carb cleaning, the motor runs like new, but man is it loud without an exaust! the trans is filled with gunk so it will need torn town and cleaned out with all new seals going back together, will need new belts and figure out how this thing shifts and itll be good to go! what attachments will fit these tractors? has the sleeve hitch setup but unsure of what attachments will work front and rear

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.