Garden Tractor Forums banner

Roper Lawn Tractor

Tags
models
2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  ghostriderexpress 
#1 ·
got roper dont kno much about it model number 7162080

#2 ·
Hi, read your post and Don't know much about it!! Welcome to best GT forum. Ropers were mostly same as Sears and there is a Sears section if you look down farther on the page. Would like to know model or serials and we like pictures to give much help to start. Check in with the Sears guys below, AND, ask specific questions of what you wish to know please!

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
ARRGH I hit something which took me off this screen which when I got back to it, my reply was wiped out...

with a model number like that it was a true "ROPER" not a Roper made for Sears to resell... any Identifiers on it? Decals like "16H" or "18T" ?? Is it a Roper "Rally"? those were cheap models at the end of the line for that company, older ones were much more stout. I live 3 miles from where that tractor was made. but didn't, while that company was "active" the empty buildings still stand.

what kind of engine does it have? For the most part, Roper brand machines built for Sears had Tecumseh engines or Onans. Ropers sold thru their own network were largely Briggs or Onan powered. but not absolute...

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
There is not a lot of info on the Roper serial/model numbers.

Most I have seen have a letter in front of the model numbers.

If you can post up a pic or two, that would be a big help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.