Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts

"1960's Antique Massey Ferguson 12 lawn tractor with snowblower, front push blade, 3 sets of tires & rims, and many extra parts. This tractor has the rare seat and rounded fenders which are only seen on early models. Tractor starts easy (new battery) runs fine, blower needs a new belt. Would make a great unit for moving snow this winter. Rear weight included. $700.00 obo."

http://ontario.kijij...QAdIdZ416047217

Wheel Tire Tractor Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive tire Wheel Telephone Tread Tire

Attachments

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
This isn't an early model it has gear drive starter.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
This is what happens when you leave a Wheel Horse and a Massey Ferguson sit together too long. The tractors get together and start mating! Wonder what the Wheel Horse looks like?

·
Tractorholic
4,070 Posts
This is what happens when you leave a Wheel Horse and a Massey Ferguson sit together too long. The tractors get together and start mating! Wonder what the Wheel Horse looks like?
As soon as I saw it I knew it was WH fenders. I wonder if he got it this way or is he that much of a bs'r?

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
I don't think those are Wheel Horse fenders. There's a ridge detail along the edge that I've not seen on any of the fenders that I have in my collection. I Don't believe that's a Wheel Horse seat either. That said, I don't have any clue what they are from.

·
108 Posts
Bolens fenders have a ridge similar to those... All painted up it might look pretty neat.

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
To me, the ad just says BS. After a while, the BS seems to be easy to spot. That being said, it's not a bad look and might be cool if painted the right way.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Yep,never seen one like that before.

·
129 Posts
It has an older style ammeter and the older shallow battery holder and looks to have the older aluminium decal serial tag (stuck on crooked), but the dash surround looks plastic and as Amigatec says it uses a starter motor. The harness looks odd and I can see no solenoid so maybe that is under the dash? Looks to me like someone put this together from the remains of an MF10 and an MF12. Looks like they made the clutch pedal work backwards as well.

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
He left out the "Custom Exhaust" and the fact that the plow will require some "minor adaptation" in his description.

clutch pedal work backwards
The vari drive is all the way forward, which means the clutch pedal is all the way back towards the driver.

There isn't much about this ad that doesn't scream BS and I think he should do a little more research before stating "facts" like he did.
Looks to me like he pulled the sticker off something old and stuck it on this one.

All negatives aside, if someone were to take it and make a new hood & grill, they could make it look like an old Ferguson with an all gray paint job.

·
Tractorholic
3,097 Posts
Early lawn tractors would not be 12 horse and variable drive. That combination started around 1972. Prior to that, if it was 12 hp, it was a hydro, and if it was varible drive, it was a 10.
PS: It looks more like the attachment clutch simply has the wrong size belt on it, not that it has been made to work in reverse.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Those fenders definitely look like the Bolens 600 and 800 fenders dad has on his tractors.

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
Also the right hand running board looks like the older style, an it has the plate where the S/G would be.

My '74 MF12 has a different RH running board.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts