Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But it looks like this stuff is the bomb for stopping it !!

http://www.ospho.com/

Anyone every use it ? Lots of good reviews online. I just ordered a gallon from Amazon dot com.
Last week I ordered a similar product from Home Depot dot com. And since they decided to take 4 days to process my order, I canceled it. It would have taken another 6 days once shipped to get it. Homie don't play that long waiting game.

I should have the gallon of ospho in 3 days tops.

Hope the reviews are correct, cause this stuff will come in handy for many things.

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
I'll be interested in your review of the results when you get it. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: larryd

·
Super Moderator
54,818 Posts
I'm interested! Like to see how it works and looks. Your trailer can be the test dummy!

Reactions: larryd

·
Premium Member
15,608 Posts
We have used it on rebuilt process equipment here at work and it does a great job. Most Hardware stores carry it around here. You should be able to find it locally. Try to knock off all the loose stuff you can before applying it. It works better that way, we go over every piece with a wire wheel to remove the loose stuff, then spray it on with a weed sprayer.

·
Tinker Master
7,945 Posts
I've used it on about 6 or 7 rusty, nasty, crumbly, gnarly decks and it has worked superbly! My dad bought it to use on our farm to protect our fitting equipment as it only gets used in the spring.. It was well worth the money and bit of time spent to apply it in replacement costs! Enjoy [email protected]

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
I've never heard of the stuff, but I'll second the request for a review when you get it. If it works, I believe I'll invest in a gallon!

Ben W.

·
Tinker Master
7,945 Posts
Here's a couple pictures of deck's I've treated with the rust-converter KNJ's getting.. See for yourselves how it looks!

Here's a picture of an Ariens deck I patched up. I don't have an after pic as things were busy but I did treat it right afterward and repaint it.

Motor vehicle Hood Trunk Automotive tire Bumper

This is a deck of another buddy's deck he brought me for a bit of welding. It was awfully rusted so I patched it and treated it.. The treatment is still wet in the picture as it will turn black when it dries.. BTW I never said I was as good as Monet!!

Gas Art Personal protective equipment Auto part Metal

Attachments

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
Thanks Ken. I haven't seen it before either. I'm interested to see how it turns out. Might be good around dad's place.

·
Procrastinators unite tomorrow
1,417 Posts
Ken.. Trust me on this.. Wear rubber gloves.. If you get any of that on your hands DON'T get the urge to take a leak.. Take a long time for that stuff to wash off your willy..
Gerald, couldn't wait a few days until after he had it, could you ?

I can see his review now,

I started by brushing it on as a had my morning Dunkin coffee and a butt,after a 1/2 hour I had to pee, so far so good, on to second coat, and then it hit me, if the pool wasn't frozen I was going to jump in ............... :bigrofl: :D

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Ken.. Trust me on this.. Wear rubber gloves.. If you get any of that on your hands DON'T get the urge to take a leak.. Take a long time for that stuff to wash off your willy..
The main ingredent is phosphoric acid....Any acid really burns...Trust me!

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
The main ingredent is phosphoric acid....Any acid really burns...Trust me!
You can wash the burning away... The black tar like stuff doesn't wash off.. :beer: :poke: :smilewink:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Thanks for the tips Gerald. I might be old, but I sure don't need it or want no rust converter on my tallywhacker !! Lol OUCH.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, I got the stuff. Sprayed the entire bottom and bed of the trailer this am. It's drying blackish and it's looking pretty dam good.

A good spay bottle that I bought at McMasters worked well for applying it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts