Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the funeral home. My 1st cousin's wife Sheila passed on Saturday. Funeral tomorrow. Just 54yrs old. We all 3 graduated high school together. She long had diabetes and severe complications. But the docs goofed on a simple (& turned out not needed) surgery. They punctured her gall bladder & colon & never knew what they did. They sewed her up and she went into shock 3 days later from the infection. She never recovered. My cousin Sherrill & Sheila were married 27yrs & were the very best of friends. they were always together. We were all pretty close, and though Sheila isn't suffering, it pains me to see Sherrill go through all this. Gonna miss her. Don't take anyone/anything for granted my friends.

·
32,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bout got emotional, but HAD to hold it back. Sherrill is doing fine at the moment, so had to be strong for his sake. I'm a fairly tough guy, but things like this make me turn to mush.
Thought of not posting about this, but you guys are my friends, so I spill my feelings.

·
Tractorholic
1,555 Posts
Sad times, indeed. Our prayers will be added, for your cousin, family, AND you!!

Reactions: olcowhand

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Sorry to hear about that Dan.You know that were all friends here and its a good place to seek comfort from your family on here.Just let us help to get you to feel better.Larry

·
Tinker Master
7,913 Posts
That's a sad story for sure OCH.. Sorry to hear about your relative's passing and your post here and support for the family is testament to your friendship and character.. Try to find comfort knowing that she will not suffer any more pain from the complications. Unfortunately the doctors are human thus make mistakes at times.. I'm sure that the doc feels terrible..
We were @ the funeral home three times in 3 weeks this fall.. One of the deceased was a 23 YO cancer victim.. The other 2 were good friends from school I've known all my life. We lost our second son 2 years ago on the operating table during cancer surgery on December 22nd and he was only 29 years old so I definitely know where you are at right now. The Lord works in mysterious ways and there are no guarantees that tomorrow will ever come so hug the ones you love today.. I will add you and your family to my prayers as I continue my journey through my life..

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
Share anything Daniel, we are all here for you. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

·
I said I work on them. I never said I fix them&#3
2,426 Posts
I for one am glad you posted. You celebrate, we celebrate. You hurt, we hurt. That's just the way it is. We just buried my wife's 44 year old cousin last weekend. Never an easy thing. We lift you up and pray for strength.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
I am very sorry to hear this,Daniel.

·
Tractorholic
3,097 Posts
Daniel, I'm so sorry to hear about this. It is a terrible blow for all concerned, I'm sure. Thanks for sharing with us, and I'll keep you and Sherrill in my thoughts.

·
32,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We lost our second son 2 years ago on the operating table during cancer surgery on December 22nd and he was only 29 years old so I definitely know where you are at right now.
I can safely say that what you have went through is got to be the most terrible heart wrenching thing anyone can go through or imagine. Losing a child is beyond painful, and I know you still carry pain every day & always will. My heart goes out to you & your family.
I'm ok, just saddened losing Sheila & worried for Sherrill. Both of them were the most considerate people you could ever meet & would never harm anyone. I doubt they've even had an argument between them. Sheila was heavily involved in her church, and did volunteer work when her health allowed. She was a registered nurse until her health declined to where she had to retire & at times become the cared for. That was extremely hard on her, as she loved helping people so much. Her volunteering helped her feel better mentally & physically.

Thanks all you guys for your concern & friendship.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts