1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a very Big road trip this past weekend, to pick up this old
girl. From the info collected by others, there was only 687(unconfirmed) units
built in 1963. They were built by Dura Corp. who also made
the MotoMowers at the time. My understanding is that the MMs where identical other than the hood, and they came with a Briggs rather than the K161 Kohler in the MF7E.
It was the first model of GT that MF offered, from what info has been found.

It is supposed to be yellow, as can be seen in spots where the red has flaked off.
The engine runs great, and it drives good. Bit of expected play in the steering, and
normal wear here and there. All the pieces are there, so it's won't be too much
of a challenge.
The motor runs so suprisingly well, that at idle, I figure it's turning about
200-250 rpm.

I'm pretty excited about owning this one, and my plan is to do a total resto
to it this winter. GTT member Ross Boyle had a hand in my getting this girl.
I just gotta say this, that's one of the great thinks about this site. Lots of great
people that share the same interest, and willing to lend a hand. Thanks Ross.

One think I'd like to confirm, but not sure how to, is about the rear tires.
I think they're the originals, as they did offer button treads on them.
They are BFGs. Also unsure if the gas tank is OE.
Here's some pics as I got it.

Edit. Oh look at that, my thousanth post.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Awesome score Will. The gas tank looks OE to me. I can't help with the tires. She is going to look purty with the collection.

·
Masseyholic
157 Posts
sweat! you just keep bringing them on home dont you?...... LOL. an Executive is on the top of my (items to find) list. good luck on the restore and thanks for showing! :thumbs:

·
60 Posts
Here is a picture of my Tank on my MF 7E. As for the back tires the BFG is the original. Mine had the same ones on it but where shot. A friend of mine who is realy into the MF 7E's told me that those tires were what they were sold with. Hope the picture helps. If you need anymore information just ask, I'v been collecting info now for the past couple of months and spent many hours on the phone about these little machines. Oh and another difference between the moto mowers and these is the grill. On the moto the head light has a casting above it that looks like eye brows.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Nice tractor. You are going to have to open an MF GT museum soon!

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
inkman232001 said:
Here is a picture of my Tank on my MF 7E. As for the back tires the BFG is the original. Mine had the same ones on it but where shot. A friend of mine who is realy into the MF 7E's told me that those tires were what they were sold with. Hope the picture helps. If you need anymore information just ask, I'v been collecting info now for the past couple of months and spent many hours on the phone about these little machines. Oh and another difference between the moto mowers and these is the grill. On the moto the head light has a casting above it that looks like eye brows.

View attachment 19642
Looks like the same tank, but someone used gear clamps to secure mine. Thanks for that pic.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JDBrian said:
Nice tractor. You are going to have to open an MF GT museum soon!
I already have them in my own private museum. My wife calls it the loonie bin.LOL
Thanks

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Excellent score there Will looks all original and all there.
Did you get anything else with it?
The picture from Vintage Garden Tractor shows front and rear Wheel Weights on the Executive.

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
That's an awesome find Will! Can't wait to see it when you get it done! Keep us posted on the info that you uncover for it too! That would be a great article for you and inkman to write together with all the compiled information. Thanks for posting the pics!

·
Super Moderator
54,348 Posts
Nice score, Will. Glad you made the road trip to get it and posted the pics for us to drool over. Good luck with it.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Frank Morris said:
not sure if those were designated as MF models, but rather the Massey Ferguson 7E and 8E, executives
Not quite sure what your saying?
Are you saying that we need to type more?
I just looked at a few brochures, and have it both ways. I think that's what
you're meaning.
I think the 1st picture is worth a few thousand words.
I'm pretty sure she's saying to herself, "Is he ever gonna get off that MFg arden tractor, and get in the house
and eat that TV dinner I spent all afternoon warming up?":D

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts