Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
a pair of brand new Carlisle Turf Savers for the G11

I had bought a pair of cheap front tires just to use until it gets restored, and took them down to the local 'mower shop' to have them mounted.

Fella had 4 brand new 23x9.50-12 Carlisle Turf Savers that he took in payment for some work he did for someone. I asked him if they were for sale, and he said yep, so I followed up with "How much?". To which he replied $35.00 each.

I cam back to the house, checked what they were going for online. Found that Greater Cleveland Tire, has them listed for $129.00 a pair + shipping. I called him up and said to put two to the side, and I would bring my old tires and wheels in to have him swap them. He then said that if I didn't need the wheels, which wouldn't fit the Bolens anyway, that he would take $30.00 each.

My cost? $80.00 total which includes pulling the old tires off my rims and mounting the new ones.

They are 1" wider, than the originals, but I'm not going to worry about that, as they will fit nicely.

Reactions: MH81

·
Super Moderator
54,022 Posts
That's a great price on those tires. You did well, my friend!

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't get them from Cleveland Tire.

I got them from a local mower repair place.

·
1,333 Posts
Nice deal. I know I paid about twice that for some off brand tires that size.

Geno

·
Tractorholic
2,075 Posts
Great to hear that you got such a fantastic deal. Sounds like you were in the right place at the right time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts