Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found a really nice all original bolens 1225 the guys dad bought new. it runs just needs a new battery we jumped it.. it needs rings but this tractor is preety clean. been sitting for 15 to 20 years in a shed... he wanted 500 but i got it for 250.... im super happy i been looking for one for years and i found one 15 minutes from my house... i will have it home in 2 or 3 days.. i forgot the camera but i will post some pics then i get her home...

Reactions: boyscout862

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
I like the price! What kind of implements?

Ben W.

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it only has a deck but i got plenty of tube frame attachments

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
Congrats. Before you teardown the engine give it a good tuneup and put Marvel Mystery Oil (MMO) in the gas. Also,1 tablespoon through the spark plug hole, allow it to sit for a couple of days before you start it. The MMO may free up the rings and save you from having to do the ring job.Most of the hundreds of engines that I've rebuilt had rings stuck in their groves. MMO cleans and loosens them. Good Luck, Rick

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
he told me it smoked thats why they parked it so he says its either a valve guide or the rings im goin to do what you say bc thats one of a couple tricks i have but in the end if its never had a rebuild its about time... but hey im still happy happy happy with this deal. its not every day you find a 1225 let alone a unmolested all original :worshippy1: i mean its got the center cap in the steering wheel an the wheel dosent have s crack no where, the steering is tight i cant wait to get it home i most likely will not sleep till i get it home and put it to work :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

Reactions: boyscout862

·
Always learning something!
1,284 Posts
I'm living vicariously through you as I type. I LOVE the feeling of a GREAT deal. Lots of cool things in this world but this is one of the special feelings. I too will be excited for the pics. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Sam, did you hit the lottery or something ? Your on a buying frenzy lately. : )

Glad you found what you've been looking for, good luck with it.

·
1,205 Posts
Glad to hear it good luck and post pics when you can.

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i wish ken... if i did i would buy this ht-23 i want but you cant have everything lol

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i think the old girl is comeing home today... if i can get it i will have some pics up around 6

1 - 12 of 12 Posts