Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Squeaky Wheel
7,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this today when I was getting my Wheel Horse there at the scrap yard.
It is Hydrostatic, and it has a Techumseh. I know it is Massey, but not sure its model, guessing 14 or 16. The wheel weights say FMC on them so I bet 100% they are for a Bolens and worth the screwing with the Massey. I dont want the Massey, I gonna give it away practically.
Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Tread

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Looks like a Massey MF12 Hydro.

I would at least get the wheel weights.

·
Squeaky Wheel
7,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, I am going to definitely grab the wheel weights, but is the rest of it worth grabbing?

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
The weights look to be Bolens style, but great weights, definitely not Massey weights. I have 2 sets of them, but not with any name cast into them. The tractor itself is mighty rough though.

·
Squeaky Wheel
7,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
olcowhand said:
The weights look to be Bolens style, but great weights. I have 2 sets of them, but not with any name cast into them.
These have FMC cast into them, I didn't think much of that til now though. That means they are worth double? lol

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
I'd get the weights, chains too. I would pass on the tractor, but you are handy. Convert it to electric.

·
Squeaky Wheel
7,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will wait for a total consensus til I pass and only grab the weights. lol But I think ya'll are on to something..

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
If you can get the whole thing cheap enough go for it. You could always part out some of what is left of the tractor and sell the wheel weights if you don't want them.

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
The weights & chains for sure, the rest of the unit you should be able to save a lot of others with. You should be able to eBay the engine parts, rear end, etc. Even the implement lift may have value. This one you can part without guilt as it was headed for the scrapper.

·
4,482 Posts
Looks like some good parts there yet.
Myself I would take it all.

·
Tractorholic
866 Posts
I would go for it.... Personally, I would look for another gear drive 10/12 and rebuild the hydro. I bet if it was cleaned up it would not be all too bad of a fix. I would not pay more than $50 for it, but if you find the right parts tractor, you could make it whole! If not, it would be a serious shame to scrap a hydro, much harder to find parts like rear ends and sheet metal for them. The seat pan, and all the side steps are not the same as the gear drive tractors.

PS: I would go $100 with the weights and the tractor.

·
Junk Whisperer
1,443 Posts
Just do it. You need this, must have more tractors,feed your habit.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
tractorgarden said:
Just do it. You need this, must have more tractors,feed your habit.
I agree, so did you go back and get it yet Casey?

·
Squeaky Wheel
7,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
NUTNDUN said:
I agree, so did you go back and get it yet Casey?
Not yer george, Monday morning I am heading back there. (Had to work Friday and they aren't open til Monday)

·
Squeaky Wheel
7,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Brought it home and have proceeded to pull the good parts. What is the value on like the grill and the hydro trans?

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Being watching this thread and glad to see you got what you got, as far as the Massey goes why not save it for parts for another one?

·
Squeaky Wheel
7,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
DH1 said:
Being watching this thread and glad to see you got what you got, as far as the Massey goes why not save it for parts for another one?
I brought the entire Massey home, I just want to know the value of the big parts as I need to pull the high dollar parts off and take the carcus back.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts