Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Engine has good compression, 60+ at cranking. Carb has been rebuilt and never run. Flywheel and stator produced AC voltage so probably both are good. Coil test out OK for this SS ignition. Front cover is rotted out at the bottom but has an aluminum plate to repair it. Starter/Generator has been checked at a shop and tested good. Also have an extra starter/generator. Could not get fire to the plug and am through messing with this engine. It will be replaced. If your looking for anything let me know what you want and will give you a good price as I want it out of my sight. Will list items on eBay in a week or so so don't linger.

·
Registered
9,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
doubt it, Cubs take off the PTO side instead of the flywheel side meaning that for it to work on a Cub a starter generator has to spin "backwards" compared to most other applications.
I agree. You would have to mount it backwards and don't think that would be feasible either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.