Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, new to this site. i'm from southwestern ontario. so far it's been a very pleasant experience. already got some great information. just thought i'd share my new tractor. i bought an MF7 with a deck, and the guy threw in the 720 snow blower just to get rid of it. all for $50. spotted the tractor buried in weeds in a guys yard while working in a neighboring field. i approached the guy and he was more than happy to deal it.

also was curious about serial numbers. would like to know what year my tractor is. the serial number is 1590 227 890. thanks.

Attachments

·
RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres
15,608 Posts
Welcome to GTtalk, I can't help with the numbers, but someone will very shortly, I'm sure.

·
15,608 Posts
From what I can find out, it appears to be a 1971, with electric start.

·
15,608 Posts
MF 7 Lawn Tractor 1968, 200001- 204256
(Electric) 1969, 204257- 211416
1970, 211417- 223306
1971, 223307- 231497
1972, 231498- 237555
1973, 237556- 243527
Not built after 1973

Reactions: ianvan12

·
Masseyholic
157 Posts
That's a great deal compared to the $300 i have into mine, and yours is in great shape too!!

Reactions: ianvan12

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
:welcome:

To MF Forum.

Good lookin deal for the $$

Have you tried to fire it up yet?
If you're wondering about parts missing, placement etc. go to
agcopartsbooks.com

Or ask, and we'll help if we can.

:welcome:

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks MH81. glade to save a piece of history. i think it's the smallest and oldest massey we have around now. and yeah it was buried in weeds. the guys yard is so bad that the weeds in the yard are 4 feet tall during the summer, and too top it off, when i picked it up i had my 3 year old son with me, i was loading it up and he says i hear a cow. i said no way, not around here. two minutes later, i hear it too, turns out this guy has a cow in his garage attached to the house. had to apologize to my son haha. definitly saved this one from rotting to nothing.

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
IamSherwood, thanks for the welcome. yes i was happy with the deal. and yes i've had it running a couple times. i pulled the plug, and it was dirty as could be, i gave it a little cleaning, checked for spark, and sure enough it worked, put in some fresh oil, fresh gas, and had it running in no time. runs quite well. had to pull start it, the battery on it is junk. all gears work, forward and reverse. worst part is a leaky tire.

i checked out agcopartsbook.com, the schematics are very helpfull, i contacted a massey dealer next town over, but they said the parts i was looking for were no longer available, but what i need for now is minimal. like the helper springs for the snowthrower. i'll just fab them up with hardware store items.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts