Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after an hour ride i finally got the 10 in the back of the truck :rocker2: i paid 450$ wich i consider to be a fair deal. it supposidly has 8 hours on a fresh rebuild, can with a mower deck in very good shape, and a snow plow he had rigged up to the front ( not a big deal because i just happen to have a spare blade and frame laying aound for a mf 10/12 :thumbs:. over all it runns great!!! and has a bit more power than i was acctually expecting. The variable speed drive works smooth and just as i expected it would, heck i even used it to mow a little grass today in spots the zeroturn wouldnt fit!!!! i also find it nice that it has the thinner rims and ag tires on the back that i believe were an option? either way they get great traction and look better too :smilewink: . the paint DEFINITALY isnt the best but all the metal is staight and the nose peice isnt busted so it will look good all painted and decaled up when i get around to it! plus it has that experienced look to it and you ant beat that right?? :D im happy with the deal i made wich i guess is the important part, but what does everyone think??

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont have a pic because the previous owners gotton silver spray pain on the tag si its hard to read. but i did write it down. from what i could find its an early 67? not confident in that tho serial# 006490

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Looks great. Nice and straight. Good to hear it runs

better than you expected.

Oh, Oh, you know what you need on it now.... one of those

nice Aluminum steering wheel centers, that Olcowhand makes, and

one of those shiny Deluxe mufflers, that Caseguy makes. :thumbs: A little bling...

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
i dont have a pic because the previous owners gotton silver spray pain on the tag si its hard to read. but i did write it down. from what i could find its an early 67? not confident in that tho serial# 006490
Yep, early 67.

Still has the ponts and the s/g unit, the skinny tires were an option, and I believe these to be OEM because of the paint scheme.

Iamsherwood has a good list started for you, but you also need a sleeve hitch and stuff to hang on it now... Oh, you're hooked. :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
id really love to get my hands on some of that "bling" !! and if one of those mufflers would quiet it down a bit im all for it (even tho its not quite as loud as the 14) i think this massey is going to make a great addition to the family. one day i need to get a pic of them all lined up with the 1100 :angel:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
7, 10, 14....... so who knows where i can get an 8, 12, or 16??????????? :smilewink: :smilewink: :smilewink:

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
id really love to get my hands on some of that "bling" !! and if one of those mufflers would quiet it down a bit im all for it (even tho its not quite as loud as the 14) i think this massey is going to make a great addition to the family. one day i need to get a pic of them all lined up with the 1100 :angel:
That'd be a great picture. Looking forward to it.

Alan's son, Ryan has one of those mufflers. He's real happy

with it. There's a thread here somewhere about it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did notice the muffler that's on it appears to be stainless or something that dosent rust. Is that stock?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Crittersf1, hope you got a good deal! They're great machines. I saw one for sale with a front end loader on Saturday. To bad the guy wanted 2500$!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well when I said this thing had more power than I was expecting I wasn't lying! I mowed a little grass err ummm well it was more like full height hay! We have some spots you just can't get the brush hog in… but the massey chopped it right down!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It works perfect except for one thing… it doesn't seem to charge. It turned VERY weak when I got it even with a jumpstart but after a good cleaning of all the grounds it rolled over fine. Every time i go to start it t gets weaker and weaker until no go. I can't find any bad wires or what not so I'm thinking a starter/ generator rebuil is in order?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts