Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
That's pretty close to ya Uncle Willie! Maybe they heard you've been down in your back & are trying to home in on ya! Watch they sky my friend...watch the sky!

·
wabbit wangler
9,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have plenty of vultures here in Crouse. There is enough road kill around here that we could use some more.

I lived in Shelby for about 15 years and I know the exact area they are talking about. It is the back side of the country club area. That is the only reason it is getting in the news.

·
Registered
10,158 Posts
I worked a highway job years ago where vultures and bald eagles were hanging around. There was a lot of roadkill in the area. One day a young eagle was feeding on a deer when a vulture decided that he wanted it. He dove at the young eagle but hadn't noticed that mama was soaring overhead. She dove fast. Last we saw of that vulture, it was trying to get away from a very angry mama eagle. It was a good laugh for us. Enjoy, Rick

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
They heard a rumor that the BlueOx had died, What a feast! I guess they didn't hear about the resurrection of the BlueOx. :rolling:

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Oh, real vultures... I thought it was a story about a bunch of lawyers and politicians moving there.
:rocker2: :iagree: :yeah_that: :ditto:

Ya took the words right outta my mouth :D :D :D

Reactions: MH81

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
We even have vultures up here, glad to have them around, too. They clean up lots of dead stuff and to my knowledge don't hunt any living thing. I don't doubt that if they found "a downer" they'd make what was left of it's life pretty grim 'though. Nothing more beautiful in the air than a soaring vulture-- to my mind they put even an eagle to shame.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts