Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
458 Posts
I just noticed that the engine is in backwards. I wonder if he put it in and then realized he screwed it up....that is unless he reversed the gears in the BGB which I doubt looking at the other "modifications".

·
94 Posts
I just noticed that the engine is in backwards. I wonder if he put it in and then realized he screwed it up....that is unless he reversed the gears in the BGB which I doubt looking at the other "modifications".
Hey why does this thing have 2 reverses? lol For wat it is 50 bucks is pretty reasonable starting place. Atleast he knows it aint worth much like that.

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had to take my wife to the VA hospitol near there yesterday. The tractor was still for sale and the price was lowered to $40 so I bought it. It is in rough shape and will be for parts. I'm going to have to do a bunch of grinding and straightening of the parts but I'm that much closer to finishing the B10. The guy was very nice to deal with.

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
You did fine and are probably prudent parting it. If the tiller pto is complete it will probably more than pay for for your purchase as they are oft AWOL when people buy early model tillers.
Thanks, you are right. I've got 2 tillers for old A/Cs but this is the first tiller pto. The big pulley is bent so I figure a bunch of time straightening it and several of the other parts. This may be a good excuse to get my forge out. That B&S engine ran back in the summer so it may go on an old Sears that I have. I'm also hoping that the bevel gear box is good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.