Garden Tractor Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Can I get a moderator to move this thread to the "Home Made Tractors, Implements, and Accessories"?
Perhaps that would be a better fit for this. . . ?

Thoughts on the design would also be helpful and grateful.
It looks great! You know, it won't hurt anything to throw left instead of right. It might take some getting used to, but I don't think it is carved in stone anywhere that the right tire has to be in the furrow. In fact, you could make notes on the plans telling the fabricator what changes to make to make it a "left hand" or "right hand" plow.

I think you are really on to something with this. Once you have finalized the design, I will be buying a set of plans. Do you plan to build and sell the plow, or just sell the plans? Will there be a vendor list of where to buy hillers and other hardware? I realize the steel can be bought anywhere and is not critical, but different brands and styles of hillers could drastically change the way they need to be bolted or welded on. If I know that I am buying the same hillers you used, then I know that the plow will work.

Just a few thoughts on my part. Feel free to ignore, please.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
It looks great! You know, it won't hurt anything to throw left instead of right. It might take some getting used to, but I don't think it is carved in stone anywhere that the right tire has to be in the furrow. In fact, you could make notes on the plans telling the fabricator what changes to make to make it a "left hand" or "right hand" plow.

I think you are really on to something with this. Once you have finalized the design, I will be buying a set of plans. Great! Do you plan to build and sell the plow, or just sell the plans? When I finish correcting the blueprints, I will upload them to my website and then anyone can purchase them. Will there be a vendor list of where to buy hillers and other hardware? In the plans, there is a Bill of Materials and I conspicuously explain where to buy the parts and which model. I realize the steel can be bought anywhere and is not critical, but different brands and styles of hillers could drastically change the way they need to be bolted or welded on. If I know that I am buying the same hillers you used, then I know that the plow will work. Exactly, in the plans, it is clearly detailed!

I'll be excited to see someone else build their own version of my design and get some use out of it.
View reply (in blue) up above. . .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Build Update:
After cutting a re-welding the Yoke 3 different times I have it set up.
I've made pass after pass making adjustments. It took a while.
It's only missing the colter wheel on the rear that helps keep it straight.
Even without the colter wheel, soft dirt isn't enough to kick it sideways, but it is needed!

Plant Grass Air gun Luggage and bags Machine gun
Plant Grass Machine Tire Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Grass
Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Automotive tire Fence
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle part
Wheel Tire Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Plant Grass Air gun Luggage and bags Machine gun

Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Automotive tire Fence

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle part

Wheel Tire Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Plant Grass Machine Tire Automotive tire