Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tractorholic
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to build a sleeve hitch and need the hitch part dims as I have the main parts just need the actual hitch specs . thanks

·
Tractorholic
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have all but the sleeve mounting bits, just wondering if 1/2 plate will be too thick and mess up the location of the vertical 5/8 I'd tube?

·
Tractorholic
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reason I'm playing with a sleeve hitch , is Ijust picked up a sleeve hitched Brinly bottom plow for cheap moneys and wanted to give it a try first. If it doesnt work good I'll convert it to 3 point.
I have a question for all the guys that have tried, or are presently plowing with a double bottom garden tractor plow, does it pull easier or not? Some of my old tractor manuals say it can pull up to 66% easier?? Hummm really?

·
Tractorholic
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chief, how wide is your rear wheel base? Might be as easy as widening the axles or swapping the wheels offset?

·
Tractorholic
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think it's supposed to be 3.5" . I measured mine last night and that was what I came up with.

·
Tractorholic
3,414 Posts
Well I got it figured out and whipped one out so I could try out my newly acquired plow, it works AWSOME, I'll post a video later for you folks.

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I plowed up the rest of my little garden at home yesterday and I am extremely pleased at how incredibly AWSOME that sleeve plow works behind my LGT125 !! It pulls beautifully and kicks up easy when snagging stone, I just back up and roll the nugget up to the surface. I want to find another one now to build a 2 bottom unit and see how that will do?

·
Tractorholic
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, Jim ,and nothing on that Tractor, that is the Tractor used for pulling competions and boys that rig just pulls AWSOME!! It is a completely bone stock LGT 125 .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.