Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Tractorholic
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sleeve hitch is coming along, all welded up, and primed. going to do a trial fit before painting it. when done i will post a link to the build . i made some minor changes to the
original drawings.

·
Super Moderator
54,332 Posts
Glad you got it made. I know what I posted was a different brand, but thought it might give you some idea of the implement attachment area. I'll be looking for the build. Have a good one.

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
That's great news! I'll be waiting to see the pics as well!

·
Super Moderator
54,332 Posts
Maybe some good info to build a better one for the Ford, it's a little wimpy. LOL
Tool Household hardware Bumper Material property Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,332 Posts
Nice job. Looks like it'll get the job done. Wish I had a way to bend thick metal.

·
Tractorholic
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
KennyP said:
Nice job. Looks like it'll get the job done. Wish I had a way to bend thick metal.
Metal was not bent, cut a 2" piece and welded it to the side arms. then the thicker front section was added

·
Tractorholic
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
texas deere and horse said:
Very nice work....
thanks , its hailing and raining here so I can't work outside, so I guess I will have to work on the tractor, Just my luck!!

·
Super Moderator
54,332 Posts
I'd have swore you bent the first two pieces. Good job fooling me.

·
Super Moderator
54,332 Posts
Welcome Home.

·
Squeaky Wheel
7,446 Posts
Justpics said:
Thanks, no bends just some multiple passes with the wire feed.
It looked like bends to me too. You do great work, but my only concern is you said you have a 1/2" inch hole in the hitch tube? I thought sleeve hitch stuff was 5/8". I didn't say anything before because I thought about the tensioning bolts, but then remembered plowing you want to have all the slack in those bolts. Am I missing something now?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts