Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped to see a good friend of mine tonight and he showed me a model of a Slope Tractor Mower that he recently acquired. So I thought I would shared it here. He also owns 3 of the full size ones.

The model is awesome in detail The wheels are bolted on with machine screws as well as everything else on the model. Gas Cap screws off, all linkages work, I think the only thing he didn't do was sharpen the blades!! The Next to last picture is a full size one.

Here is a short description of the Slope Tractor..

The Slope Tractor Designed for hillside mowing. Manufactured in 1969 in Harper, KS.
Cost was $7,000 in 69. 172 Cubic Inch Ford Industrial Engine, About 200 produced, Mowers were available to 7.5 Ft.
8 Speeds forward 2 Reverse 1 to 20 MPH for speed ranges
60 Degree Inclination Left and Right, Holds 34 Gallons of fuel.
3 Toys were built by one of the design engineers.
4 of these Full size mowers are known to exist in United States.

Attachments

·
Tractor Whisperer
1,473 Posts
that is pretty neat.....thanks for sharein

·
Super Moderator
55,270 Posts
That's cool! Be neat to have one!

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Yeah those are neat.I actually have seen them before.

·
Tractorholic
1,435 Posts
That is really neat ! I had heard of such, but had never even seen a photo before. Great piece of engineering history being preserved there. Thanks for sharing these with us

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, ran across your post from 2012, hope you are still out there. I actually have one of the full sized Slope runner mowers, and was quite intrigued by the model that your friend had it is quite awesome. Was the scale model that he had one of the ones that were built by the engineers at the factory or on that he built?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
one of the engineers at the factory had built it .

I noticed that you are in Iowa. The tractors are in South west Wisconsin not far out of Dubuque ia.

I have since moved to Missouri so have sort of lost touch with him. If you were going to the Portage show this year it would be a neat place to stop as he has a lot of neat old collectable items. Cars tractors etc no Garden tractors though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.