Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a guy on MTF parting out a Snapper 1655 with some much needed parts. I had to run to Indy couple weekends ago so it worked out perfect, was able to pickup.

Now maybe I can get my 1855 back up and running since it's been out of service since I bought it last summer. PO had bypassed every safety, wrong ignition switch, PTO switch bad, froze up main driveshaft, etc.

"I spy with my little eye...."

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Wood Auto part

Attachments

·
Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!
4,461 Posts
congrats

·
2,428 Posts
You got stuff! :thumbs: Stuff is always GOOD. :thumbs: Especially if it's what "YOU NEED". :thumbs: Glad you got the parts you needed.

Rick

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.

Old girl looking pretty pathetic in the back of the barn, actually covered up with boxes and junk right now not shown in pics

MFnomotor.jpg

photobucket-2124-1349952514379.jpg

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Nice bunch of parts. Way easier and cheaper than trying to hunt down each one individually!

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice bunch of parts. Way easier and cheaper than trying to hunt down each one individually!
Yea, he had more stuff I could've bought, but ran out of money. Would've been nice to have extra steering column and front end parts, even extra hood and tins too.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Yep, the power steering gear would have been nice and the front ends can be expensive to repair if they were neglected and worn out. We all have to place a limit somewhere on what we buy! I am rebuilding a JD317 and it's easy to spend more than you planned over a long period of time gradually buying parts.

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
I love when I can buy everything I want all in one place. Great find!

Ben W.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Looks like you came across a good deal. Glad you found needed parts,

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Congratulations finding your parts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts