Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting my MF12 back together after a very slow restoration; I was pulling the long spring that tensions the variable drive into place when it snapped. I guess its good to find out now rather than in the middle of summer, but now I am in a fix. I have lost 9 coils and could make do with the 76 that are left, but I would rather have the right length and tension. Is there anyone out there (preferably near Ontario) who has a spare they might be willing to part with? I am doubting that it is still available from AgCO, but any suggestions for effective alternatives would also be welcome!

Thanks,

George.

Attachments

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
I bet there was a few choice words flying around along with the spring.
Sorry, I can't help you on a used one, but I looked up the number on Agcopartsbooks, and Jacks
shows it's available.
514417M1 $47

Certainly not cheap there.
I'd give Connect Equipment a call. I bought some similar springs from them for the MF6. Not
to bad a price.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Most large hardware stores sell a variety of springs although it's sometimes hard to find the exact configuration and strength you need. 47$ is too much IMO. If you are near a Princess Auto they sell a variety of them as well.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
I probably have a used one, let me check and I'll get back to you.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
NAPA stores carry a big selection of springs,both extension and compression.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
I had lots of fun cleaning and painting all the springs from my MF8. Some of those big ones can be a bear to install. I hope you can find what you need without spending 47$.

·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Many thanks to everyone for all the helpful suggestions. I think Doug has what I am looking for. This is a great forum.
Thanks again,
George.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts