Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of the parts of a Snapper 1600 fit the Snapper 1855??? Such as the hood, dash, steering wheel I know the transaxles are different as the 1600 is 5 bolt and 1855 is 6 bolt There is a guy here close who has a 1600 without engine and has snowblower If the hood dash and steering wheel match I will take those and sell the rest fairly CHEAP

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks anything else interchange like the frame He has a 1600 minus the engine looks to be in good shape Has a real nice dash and a snowblower but I know its mule driven I was thinking on buying it just for some parts I could use and part out the rest or sell complete

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Frames should not be the same 1855 has a longer frame to fit the Onan. 1600 would have had a Kohler. That is why the shorter hood won't fit the 1855. Daniel will correct me if I'm wrong, at least I hope he will.

Reg

·
Getting Out!
8,205 Posts
NO. Once had a 1650 and was gonna take the heavy axle and front pto off an 1855 and put on it. Nothing is same. All the bigger tractor parts are heavier and don't "bolt-up" to smaller. I wasn't even able to use the hydraulics and rear pan between them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts