Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to the forum. I just came home with a Snapper 1650. After unloading and parking it in the garage, I noticed it has a pretty significant positive camber on the front wheels. The wheels don't wobble to the casual push on top nor does steering seem excessively loose. Is this normal?

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Welcome Fellow Ohioan!!!

Here's my MF1855, same thing. Tires are not worn on the outside so I guess it works.

Even worse when tires are turned

photobucket-2124-1349952514379.jpgMFnomotor.jpg

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses! I was starting to get a sinking feeling, thinking I had a bent axle or something. I know the large tractors with narrow front axles have a similar camber, but had never noticed it on a GT before. I am relieved. I will work on the pictures. She is rough right now, but runs pretty well. Just a little smoke at start up. Does any one know where to get snapper decals and dash/console/steering wheel emblems, & mower labels?

·
Tractorfanatics.com
10,292 Posts
Clickitandstickit (Vintage Reproductions) does not have Snapper or MF listed. Maple Hunter only has Massey Ferguson listed.

If you have decals still on there, take lots of photos, write down all what is printed on them, and take very detailed measurements. That way they can make a set up if you are interested. Vintage Reproductions, in my experience, is the best to work with in that scenario.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Thanks for the responses! I was starting to get a sinking feeling, thinking I had a bent axle or something. I know the large tractors with narrow front axles have a similar camber, but had never noticed it on a GT before. I am relieved. I will work on the pictures. She is rough right now, but runs pretty well. Just a little smoke at start up. Does any one know where to get snapper decals and dash/console/steering wheel emblems, & mower labels?
Remade mine into an MF 1650 (in tribute to my Dad and his tractor). I'm personally very ok with MF. Just a thought. If yours is like mine there are MF bolts all over them.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Remade mine into an MF 1650 (in tribute to my Dad and his tractor). I'm personally very ok with MF. Just a thought. If yours is like mine there are MF bolts all over them.
That's looking like the most viable option so far. Having things custom sounds expensive!
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tread Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Handle

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts