Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a Snapper 1650 with plow runs and drives for $250 it also comes with tire chains. If I bought this I would keep the plow and chains for my Massey 1650 then probably resell unless I could use more parts on my Massey 1650. He said the paint is a little rusty. My question is how much you think someone would pay just for a running and driving Snapper 1650 with no attachments. Its about 1hr and 20 minutes away.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Certainly worth the $250 after you keep the plow & chains. I would offer all your money back, but I'm not in the place to buy more right now.

·
32,409 Posts
Is it south of you, say like towards Lexington?

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I found a Snapper 1650 with plow runs and drives for $250 it also comes with tire chains. If I bought this I would keep the plow and chains for my Massey 1650 then probably resell unless I could use more parts on my Massey 1650. He said the paint is a little rusty. My question is how much you think someone would pay just for a running and driving Snapper 1650 with no attachments. Its about 1hr and 20 minutes away.
You're stripping off the same things I would have wanted. Pictures please it you get it. :D

·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah Gtcsreg I have thought about but it will not have the eaton hydro in it like mine does. However I may pull the motor and sell the body and all running gear I don't know yet. I really don't have much room to keep it as is. My house has only a two car garage.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Yeah Gtcsreg I have thought about but it will not have the eaton hydro in it like mine does. However I may pull the motor and sell the body and all running gear I don't know yet. I really don't have much room to keep it as is. My house has only a two car garage.
Wish you were nearby but I'm starting a light restoration and spending enough on cosmetics.

·
32,409 Posts
I believe ALL Snapper models have the Eaton hydro. It's Sundstrand that most Massey's have.

·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I sure hope you are right cause that it what is wrong with my massey is the hydro unit splines are stripped that would fix that problem cause he said it runs and drive too.

·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well that's good news to me I was just hoping for the plow and tire chains and I though about taking the motor out and keeping it too. Now I will have a lot more choices to make

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I sure hope you are right cause that it what is wrong with my massey is the hydro unit splines are stripped that would fix that problem cause he said it runs and drive too.
I kow a guy parting out two 1855's, may have a good hydros, I am pretty sure it's a Sundstrand, but not sure if it would fit your model.

·
32,409 Posts
No i need a Eaton one
I believe he was referring to Petenpole wanting another Sundstrand. That's where one needs to use the quote feature to avoid confusion as to exactly who a reply is being directed to.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I believe ALL Snapper models have the Eaton hydro. It's Sundstrand that most Massey's have.
I believe he was referring to Petenpole wanting another Sundstrand. That's where one needs to use the quote feature to avoid confusion as to exactly who a reply is being directed to.
nope, I was replying to these statements....sounded like to me he needed a possible hydro for a Massey.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts