Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any threads with pics about restoring a 54" deck on these Snapper 1855s I bought one last summer with the deck It has 1 good looking belt needs 1 belt The spindles look good and seem tight I think I would like to get this going

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
There have been a few guys who have rebuilt them, not sure of any dedicated threads to it.

Only thread I know of rebuilt is the mod and conversion to non timed belt/pulleys.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I rebuilt a 48" deck for a 1650, and partially rebuilt a 60" deck for a 1855. It was pretty straight forward. I tapped the spindles while I had them apart for grease fittings. I'll post pictures when I have more time. The seals and bearings I cross-referenced and was able to find at Motion Industries.

--Eric

Reactions: limebuzz

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
It's by far the easiest deck I have ever rebuilt. The 2 snap rings are the hardest part if you don't have the right tools. Rubber mallet and lots of grease and new bearings and your good to go. I have a set of hubs I am going to drill out eventually to ad grease zerks

·
Registered
676 Posts
I think I'm going to sell my 54" deck off my Snapper 1855 along with the mounts that go on the tractor frame if anyone is interested. I already have 3 other tractors to mow with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts