Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought yet another Snapper 1855 only because this one has the deck and hubcaps But it does not have the 3 point hitch and someone put a 20 hp engine in it I gave $400 for it then went to partstree just to look to see what there are for parts available for the deck and just the hangers alone are over $90 so I don't think I did that bad beings the deck is complete What do you think cause I think this one is going to get restored and put away also because I don't have a yard big enough for the mower anyway I think im addicted and may need some counseling

Attachments

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
So, you think you're addicted? I don't think so. It's quite common for us GT nuts to

use the GTT forum in the middle of the night, as a sounding board. It only makes sense

to justify the purchase in ones own mind, before the wife looks out the window in the

morning, while sipping her hot coffee. Thinking about her safety is good.

Just messing with ya. :rolling: :poke: :rolling:

I think your excited about your new score, and you should

be. Good looking rig for the $$. Nice and straight, and not all dented up.

Are those OEM arm rests on the seat?

Have you had the cover off the deck pulleys? How do they look.

They are famous for wearing out, and are hard to find

·
My projects take longer so I enjoy them more...
4,921 Posts
Glad you snapped that one up. Those are really tough looking machines and this one looks to be in excellent worker condition. Where in Iowa are you?

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
a couple years ago it seemed all the deals were in Ohio and pennsy. now they all seem to come from Iowa. they seem to have skipped right over Illinois... about like everything else these days

·
Getting Out!
8,205 Posts
Yeah! You're Sick! Best to let me store that at my place till next fall or so and you have been consoled on tractor buying. Least you buy them runnning, I always buy them Broken and feel sorry afterward. Looks pretty good to me, Buy on!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Good looking rig and well worth the money. The deck looks to be a rear discharge, I would like to find a deck like that. Willie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts