Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

1,077 Posts
Yes, they are factory MF split weights. Not sure how much extra weight I've gained. But it seams to be adequate for what I do.Sounds like you shouldn't have a problem once you get your weights on. Are you going to fill the tires too?

1,077 Posts
Everyone has their preference .I filled my first 1655 with Calcium front and back with tubes.Never again. Makes a mess of the rims even with tubes in them from spillage I guess? I've used washer fluid in the rest of the tractors. Haven't had to pull a tire off so I can't say what the insides of the rims look like.

1,077 Posts
With the 1655, I have a blower for the winter.and we (usually) get a heck of a pile to blow.i also have a 5'back blade that it pulls in the winter too if need be,without any trouble.and I have a brinly plow. It just plays with the 10".last year,i didn't have a gauge wheel on it so I tried to see how far I could go into the ground before it wouldn't pull it. And it was darn near 10" deep before it killed the tractor. Not a good idea, but I did anyways. Those tires sure look sharp on those tractors. I want to get a set this year.

1,077 Posts
Kenny, that was my 1650 at plow day. Lol. She sure will need more weight. And no, she hasn't been out yet,hasn't been above zero here. I'm itching to try out her new plow I picked up on Monday thou. You know, I gotta try it out first,to make sure it works right.

1,077 Posts
I just measured mine. I have Tru powers on mine, and I say there is 2"between sidewall and anything that it could hit eg. 3pth mount on axle,deck spring hanger. If you are just shy for clearance,yo can also put washers behind the rim when you bolt your tires on. The hub protrudes the rim @1/4"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.