Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched far and wide for 2 years trying to find a rear pto shaft that runs from the engine back to the pto for a Snapper 1855 and couldnt find one so I had a friend of mine make me a shaft because I have an 1855 and I want to make it a 1855A. I was able to find everything else that I needed such as the cylinder the lines the rear pto assembly etc I gave him the shaft out of another 1855a and found a double pulley and the coupler and this is what he came up with I believe it is going to work great Sometimes you have to do what you have to do So what do you think??

Attachments

·
1,087 Posts
Looks like that shaft will fit the bill.i wouldn't mind finding a shaft for my one 1655. It was missing when I bought the tractor.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Nice fix.
I happened to get lucky and stumble on a guy who was parting 2 -1655's, I got the complete rear PTO assembly. Wished I would have had more cash, he had a mint dash too and extra pump/transaxle.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I don't have the rear PTO on my 1855, but I have the rear 3 point hitch. I don't really think I'd use the rear PTO on mine, but I always thought it'd be nice to have. Thanks for this informative thread, I may do this in the future.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I searched far and wide for 2 years trying to find a rear pto shaft that runs from the engine back to the pto for a Snapper 1855 and couldnt find one so I had a friend of mine make me a shaft because I have an 1855 and I want to make it a 1855A. I was able to find everything else that I needed such as the cylinder the lines the rear pto assembly etc I gave him the shaft out of another 1855a and found a double pulley and the coupler and this is what he came up with I believe it is going to work great Sometimes you have to do what you have to do So what do you think??
Resurrecting an old thread here, but does anyone have the end-to-end measurements of this rear pto shaft? I'm looking at fabricating one up or having someone fabricate one up for me but don't have one to get measurements off of.

Thanks

·
Addicted
235 Posts
It looks to be 43-3/8” long overall. 2nd picture is rear end and the 3rd picture is the engine end. The reason why mine has a groove for a snap ring on the engine end is because I had to make up a good shaft from parts and pieces of other shafts. That groove is not necessary on the engine side.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
It looks to be 43-3/8" long overall. 2nd picture is rear end and the 3rd picture is the engine end. The reason why mine has a groove for a snap ring on the engine end is because I had to make up a good shaft from parts and pieces of other shafts. That groove is not necessary on the engine side.
Well, I found mine in one of boxes of parts that was given to me with the tractors. So, what a good alternative to the OEM shaft.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts