Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a RER Snapper from my FIL and I have been going through it getting everything to work. The manual calls for Snapper #00 grease, what would be the equivalent to the Snapper Grease? Thanks

·
Tractorholic
4,070 Posts
Bill see if any of the supply house around you have any type of NLGI 00 grease. I saw Amsoil has one that is equivalent (SAE 190).

From what I see the 00 is a semi liquid grease, and for your application gear oil would be to thin and standard grease would be to thick.

Hope this helps and good luck. I can say that I have never run into anything requiring that yet.

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
Yes the grease in these is really thick, but not as thick as grease gun grease. I think Snapper sells small tubes of these. I checked into it once.

Reactions: CRFarnsworth

·
Old, but not dead -- yet!
3,342 Posts
Most Snapper dealers sell the 00 Fiber Grease. ....It was packaged in plastic one-quart bottles. ....Part # 11050.

It is also available through dealers that sell Sten's parts as Sten's part # 770-123 (1 quart bottle) or # 770-127 (9 oz tube).

Alternate Snapper part numbers are #61017 & #7061017, but these may be for smaller conatiners???

The closest thing to that is "Cornhead grease" sold by John Deere AG dealers.

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I'll check with the supply house and see what they come up with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts