Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Getting Out!
8,215 Posts
Snapper King with brush rebuilt and back on. Still want to work on better wheels/casters on it. Played with it some today and seems to be good. Put those HUGE 3/8" chains on, and really went on better than the lighter ones seem to. Bigger tightening hardware helps I guess.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
55,378 Posts
Glad you have that one nearly ready to go!

·
Registered
9,342 Posts
Don't push the issue. It will come soon enough by itself. Chains look a little big for the tires they are on.

·
Getting Out!
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MM R in garage. Looking for small pattern front wheels if you know of any, maybe rears too, narrow 36 or 38". Rear has legs for parking that drop down. Says to use float when brushing, wheels hold all weight. These kinda light it seems. Are big chains, that's what they came with. Tires quite wide on it. Real Ruff ride tho!

·
Getting Out!
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not much use yet. Took it out Saturday on nice sunny, yet cold day to clean up walks and yard where I clean for dog and walking to cars. Went good. I was throwing some grass and a little dirt up on house and windows on lower level. Not too cool. I had it out earlier this winter one time and was too low. Sat was the test after raising. Still digs in a bit, but if up too much more, then leaves the snow on the drives that are cement and level. Pto shaft makes some noise when raised up, but none when down and in user position. Does not seem to be any gear grinding or issues, so guess the rebuild is good. OIL/Grease in it now too.

·
Getting Out!
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Need the Quick-tach to mount it on tractor. Don't recall if you had that for blower or ?? Not long ago, Mission Manufacturing in Southern INdiana had some new ones in stock with a cheaper then normal price for them. Might be all gone now, you would have to call. I'm sure be big bucks still for new one tho. I still think blade is the best. I have qick-tach blade too that goes on pretty quick.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think he told me a price for a quik-tatch system. .but I was thinking you had to buy an attachment of some sort with it. ..but I don't remember what it was. I'm not familiar enough with the quiktatch setup to know what a good price would be? ....lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.