Garden Tractor Forums banner

Snapper Lt12 With Snow Blower

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dthomp17 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

This is the first time I have posted in the Snapper section. I'm usually hanging out in the Panzer section.

This past summer, I stopped by a buddy's house. He had an old Snapper snow blower attachment by his garage next to his scrap pile. I asked him what he was doing with it. He said he was getting rid of it for a friend of ours. I asked what was wrong with it. He said nothing. It's just big and in their way. I asked if I could have it. He said he didn't care. I told him to figure out how much it was worth and I drug it home, thinking I could convert it to fit on a Panzer or something. A few days went by and my buddy called. He said they were getting rid of the mower that went with it too. I was stoked! That means I don't have to make brackets or rig up a drive system. He said they wanted $100 bucks for it! Needless to say, I went and picked up a Snapper LT12.

When I got there, he said his dad bought it new a few decades ago and he used it for years. It was then handed down to his brother. He said the snow blower was barely used due to it being so cumbersome and us rarely getting much snow that lasts more than a few days. He said it ran, used oil, leaked oil, smoked and probably needed a tune-up and a drive disc. I told him for that price, I was okay with it. We settled on $100.00 for all of it! It still started and I drove it onto the trailer.

When you can get a riding mower for $100, that runs, you're doing pretty good around here. I put the snow blower on yesterday.

I'll see about posting some pictures this weekend. The battery was D.E.A.D. So I brought it in the house where it isn't -20 to charge it.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.