Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
collector of sears
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these any good? Anyway, I got this and a John Deere stx 38. I have no idea if either of them run. Here is a picture, I havent had time to work on them. There still on the trailer along with like 2 brake rotors and a '79 dodge power wagon grill.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
MH81 said:
Looks like you went fishing & got a nice catch. What are you using for bait? LOL
LOL, I would like to know too. Seems everyone has a few tricks up their sleeves to bring tractors home.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
They don't seem to be biting for me anymore.:(

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
MH81 said:
Looks like you went fishing & got a nice catch. What are you using for bait? LOL
LOL! The only bait that seems to work for me anymore is cold hard cash!

·
collector of sears
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My grandpa is a scraper, he was gonna sell them but gave them to me.

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
That's a great find. I hope that they come together for you.

·
collector of sears
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Here are some better pictures of the snapper.
and here are some of the bagger

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Nice little Snapper! Any single blade deck mows really nice...better than multiple blades can. And the twin engine in the little bugger is great! I'd get the Snapper going if I had it. Looks similar to the MF85.

·
4,482 Posts
WOW, I have an LT 11 with a Briggs 11 HP.
I grabbed it just because of it looking so much like the larger frame Massey/Snapper big brother.
I call her my "Baby Massey"
Is that the motor that came in an LT 12??
I passed one up awhile back not knowing it had a twin motor.:wallbanging:
Thought it was just a 12 HP version of the LT 11. Darn_Darn Did I 4really mess up that bad????

·
collector of sears
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
olcowhand said:
Nice little Snapper! Any single blade deck mows really nice...better than multiple blades can. And the twin engine in the little bugger is great! I'd get the Snapper going if I had it. Looks similar to the MF85.
It does look nice dont it. Ya, the singles do mow nice, when adjusted right. Thing I am happy with is it came with the bagger and has dual pipes! Didnt massey build these?

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
man with many tractors said:
It does look nice dont it. Ya, the singles do mow nice, when adjusted right. Thing I am happy with is it came with the bagger and has dual pipes! Didnt massey build these?
No, Snapper built the MF series for Massey.

·
collector of sears
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
olcowhand said:
No, Snapper built the MF series for Massey.
Really? weird. I thought massey built there own tractors GTs. Can I ask one question? why shaft drive?

·
collector of sears
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ducky said:
WOW, I have an LT 11 with a Briggs 11 HP.
I grabbed it just because of it looking so much like the larger frame Massey/Snapper big brother.
I call her my "Baby Massey"
Is that the motor that came in an LT 12??
I passed one up awhile back not knowing it had a twin motor.:wallbanging:
Thought it was just a 12 HP version of the LT 11. Darn_Darn Did I 4really mess up that bad????
lol

I was suprised at the shaft drive. weirdest thing I have ever saw. But they still got the damn friction drive trans in them.

·
4,482 Posts
Are you sure that old girl was not re-powered by some body that was good at what they do?

·
collector of sears
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ducky said:
Are you sure that old girl was not re-powered by some body that was good at what they do?
Ya, its a factory job. Weird it is. Funny thing is, I have only seen the YT12s. NO LT12s.

·
309 Posts
I picked up an LT12 this summer. It came with a snow blower attachment. I paid $100 for all of it. The guy I got it from said his dad bought it new, gave it to his other son, and now I have it. I hooked the snow blower up this morning. I called the guy since he's a friend of mine. He said they blow snow 25 feet, but they always had a traction issue. Once I get it up and running, I may get chains and leave the snow blower set-up on it. When I get it running, I'll attach photos and see about a video link.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts