Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was wondering if bolens made a manual snow blade lift and angle changer...an 1886 large frame is what i have , i do have a hyrdaulic lift but i have to get off the tractor to change angles and that gets old.... I just wonder if a home made one could be done ?

·
Blackjackjakexxix
2,371 Posts
Sent you a pm,the correct frame assembly for your 1886 should have a hydraulic cylinder to change the angle without getting off the tractor,if your frame doesn't have the cylinder I have what you need

·
Tractorholic
988 Posts
I have always wondered if Bolens made a kit to change the blade angle from the driver's seat on the blades without an angling cylinder. A friend of mine had an old Roper that had two long rods that went up to the front of the tractor. One rod disengaged the spring-loaded blade lock, and the other one was attached to an outer corner of the blade so you could adjust the blade angle with a push-pull motion. It looked kind of Rube Goldberg, but worked pretty well.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a tube frame, and I've sen a couple of home made contraptions to do the angling. I've been meaning to do something similar to mine, but haven't had time.

I think a thin cable routed through a couple of eye bolts to the blade lock, and either a long rod to the blade corner, or perhaps a rod that would attach to the existing snow-thrower rod, running through the existing brace to the blade.

When I get some time I'm going to do this. I'll post when I do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts