Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tractorholic
988 Posts
I have wondered the same thing. No reason it shouldn't work that I can think of as long as you don't try to push too much at one time. I suspect you would either spin the tires or stall the tractor if you got too aggressive with the load.

·
Registered
20 Posts
After thinking about a snow pusher for years I came across a blade in good shape for the right price so I layed out the wings and replaceable skids and burned them out on the plasma table at work a little welding some paint and a large frame snow pusher is the final result I can get a picture to load on this site but a video doesn't seem to download 20161211_121212.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Green ranger, your tractors look great. I feel badly not giving mine the attention it deserves. Have you had a chance to use the pusher? Is there circumstances where it is ideal or less than ideal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I used that idea when I wanted to move some dirt. I welded pieces of angle iron the the side plates so they can be removed when converting back to snow. Now I need to make another set of plates for snow.

DSC_0144.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank you I really like the large frames the deck hasn't moved in a few years I only use the HT23 in the winter and the HT20 I purchased this past summer is so nice I feel guilty using it lol so I installed a Reznor heater in the garage to keep them nice and warm the shelves are my attempt to organize a deck, tiller, plow, extra rims,tires,single stage blower, factory weight box, 3 point hitch, chipper etc.and still be able to have a little room to work on things

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks Jon I've only used the snow pusher twice so far once for about 8" and it worked very well allowing me to push all the snow from my whole driveway to one location and it seemed to load up with at least double the amount of snow as a stock blade and once with a 1" or 2" were it also worked very good by not losing alot of snow off the edges of the plow both situations it outperformed a stock plow without a doubt 20161204_175938.jpg

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts