Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I can't seem to get ahold of the guy in Ohio with the MF12 Hydro & Wheelweights, I decided to pop on this.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

It's a runner with a bad Ign Switch. I think the charger works, tiller and drive is quiet... engine is loud (muffler shot)

Tires hold air & he hasn't given up on finding the rear skirt. It's "Somewhere 'round here" LOL

The detent ball on 2nd is going, but not gone. Grill and dash may be repairable, definitely replaceable.

MF10 Serial # 1446024183

Tiller Model is MF650 Serial 1518004256

Attachments

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Nice looking outfit. Looks like a superb "pop" to me!

·
Squeaky Wheel
7,446 Posts
Looks to be in good shape, good deal. Looks aweful small on the trailer, you musta "stole" that truck and trailer for a while from your Dad lol.

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope, Dad went with me, or I with him.

It runs and tills nice... gotta get used to the offset. The lift latch is rubbing and is pretty much worthless. Gotta figure out what's bent that rubs. maybe later. At first, i though I paid a little too much, but the more I play, the better I like it. Think I did OK for $200. Neither party got the best of each other LOL.

Had a really nice morning with Dad and this gent. He's got a whole back yard of stuff, but only sells when he needs money. There's everything from moto-mowers to Bolens To Gardenall's to Sears to Allis / simplicity... you name it.

I asked about a couple of other pieces, but he's done selling for a while... and (if I read him correctly) you only ask once... he'll let you know when it's time :D

The belt to rear PTO is a neat piece! Happy to have one.

·
Squeaky Wheel
7,446 Posts
The Moto-Mowers interest me a little, I got one that is in pieces lol. But I know my buddy who used to live up in Conneaut Lake would love another (third) Moto-Mower. Also, did this guy have any Springfields?

Oh, and as for price just remember you spent half that on half a Massey 12H lol.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Looks like a great deal to me. Tillers are not common around here.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
What are ya doin turning while tilling? LOL.

Atta boy on the shirt :D

Looks like it does a nice job tilling, never realized the Massey tillers spun with good speed which is great. Doesn't look like a bad muffler to me, looks like a straight stack :D

·
Tractorholic
8,365 Posts
Looks like it does a nice job tilling ,sounds like it runs good too.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Those tillers work really well. A bit of seat time versus man handling a walk behind tiller - I call that a great deal. I didn't realize you could pull start one of those that way. Thats good to know.

·
Super Moderator
54,359 Posts
Good to see you using it. Sounds like only a few simple fixes to get it going.

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
Looks good to me! I think you got a great deal there! Looks like it does a great job too!

·
Tractorholic
427 Posts
I think you got an awesome deal. Around here the tiller alone is worth at least $200. The skirt is easy enough to make if you have to and it does smooth the dirt out nice. I have tilled a lot of gardens with mine, I put an ad on craigslist. I don't use the lift/helper springs on the tiller I have without the extension, it digs much deeper and faster that way. Sometimes when I'm using the tiller with extension (38") on hard ground I actually climb out of the seat and stand on the tiller to get it to dig deeper/quicker. I'm planning on engineering some kind of lift assist that hooks to the lift linkage so it doesn't take the weight off the tiller yet helps you lift it. It's not really a problem with the narrow tiller but the wide one is a beast to lift. I think with a little tlc your gonna have a great unit there.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Man you got a good deal Alan.Great video,that looks like it works very well.

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
About a week ago, I did the pre-snow carb clean, ran it out of fuel, and all that jazz. Was looking at building the rear skirt for the tiller. Yesterday, when I get back, Dad handed me the tiller skirt (one pivot broke... Easy fix) and a binder with 2 op manuals for the tractor dated 1969, a 610 mower manual, 650 tiller assembly, 650 tiller op manual, most of an OEM Service manual, and a sheet on parts and ident for the sleeve hitch.

All this stuff came "neighbor mail" with a verbal message that he appreciated me not trying to beat him up on price and he hoped it was working well for me.

Nice guy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts