Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
My Sweetie took me out to the Legion last night. While she was up doing Karaoke a friend walked over and asked if he could pick my brains about tractors. He's got 10 acres and wanted my advice on what to buy-- something with a loader, back blade, 3 pt, mower, snow blower, etc. I suggested he watch Craig's for an older farm tractor, such as a Ford 8N or 9N. He said he had thought of that, but the blowers are usually rear mount {we get lots and lots of snow up here} and he has troubles with his neck. I then suggested he look for an old Bolens large frame with attachments.

Him: I don't want something I have to spend 20 minutes tinkering with every time I go to use it.

Me: Those beasts are built tough. Get a nice one and you rarely have to do more than routine maintenance.

Him: But I want to move dirt and stuff.

Me: Not a problem. Tons of power in a small package.

Him: I'm leaning more towards a Kubota or Mahindra.

Me: Oh, those are really nice rigs. Pricey, but nice. I'd love to have something like that. Guess I'm just too practical. For that kind of money I can have 12 Bolens, with a different attachment on each one, and change left over.

Him: 12 tractors! LOL Why on earth would anyone want 12 tractors??

Me: Because... Bolens.

:D Paul

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks a bunch for your commentary. I have barely begun the clean up work on my 1058 and I'm already looking into a large frame to do the heavy work around the homestead. My honey says I'm hooked. She should only know. I think I have FMC in my blood. Food Machinery and Cocktails.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts