Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
May 14th my wife had her left hip replaced.She's already had both knees and the right hip done. She went to rehab and we thought everything was going pretty well - slower than last itme, but that was ten years ago. Surgeon told her not to put any wight on the foot after she exerienced a shrp pain when getting up off the toilet in the middle of the night. Suspected groin pull or torn muscle. June 8th our primary physician, whose office is next to the rehab center, noticed that the wound was infected. June 13th when trying to get out of bed in the morning with assistance she mentioned that the area "felt warm " Her bed was soaked with blood and a light brownish colored ooze. Doc notified the surgeon. June 14th she was in the E R to have the surgeon check things out. She was admitted to the hospital and scheduled for surgery the next day, a Saturday, to re-open the wound and clean it out. Saturday morning we noticed that her left arm and hand were swollen. That's the arm that had the pick ( spelling? ) in it. the pick, is the little gizmo that will accept different IVs so that they don't have to keep puncturing. So on top of the swelling in her leg and hip, this was another problem. It was no longer working and had to b e replaced. The replacement didn't work........ needed to do another one. Finally that one was okay.
They hooked up a pump to the surgical wound to drain and keep things ckear. She is at the rehab again today, and called and told me I shouldn't come and visit yet becaus the people who are in charge of the pump will have to have a meeting with staff to teach them how to use and maintain it. On top of everything else she will need to have antibacterial IV stuff ofr six to eight weeks and then she will be on pills.
Sorry, had to vent. Thanks for listening.

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
Feel free to vent OT, I can understand the frustration with all that. When my wife was in the hospital about a year and half ago here arm did the same thing with the IV thing. I hope she continues to have a successful recover and all goes well. Keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
15,608 Posts
oldtimer, You just vent away. I know where you are at, I had the same kind of issues with Dad. Every time you turn around, something else was going wrong. I will be PRAYING fro your Wife and You. We are here to listen anytime you need to vent !!

·
Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!
4,461 Posts
It's always good to talk about problems, it make it easier. Sorry OT, I can't help, but please be assured in my sympathy. It's not so easy for me to find the right words, but I'm sure, you know what I mean.

·
FORDoholic
784 Posts
If friends can't vent to friends what good are those friends. We are here for you and praying for you and your wife as you go through this. AL

Reactions: boyscout862

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
OT buddy.. I hope and pray everything turns out good and your wife comes home soon to keep you in line.. Thinking of you both every day buddy.. may your wife be strong and you stay strong for her....

OT, if you need anything PM me, you know I'm only a few exits away if needed. :thumbs:
John thanks for offering help to OT.. The stubborn ole goat will pretend every thing is fine even when it's not. OT... Please if need take John up on his offer..

If friends can't vent to friends what good are those friends. We are here for you and praying for you and your wife as you go through this. AL
If you can't vent to a friend they are not a friend in my eyes..

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks to all. John, thanks to you for the offer. Don't listen to TG, I'm not an old goat. I'm just "middle aged"............ *cough ! TG, you and yours are always in my thoughts and prayers too.

Again, thanks to all. I don't usually like to bring personal stuff like this to the forums, but it's just been one of those times

·
Anything Red . . .
12,049 Posts
You can add me to what has been said above(except about the exits!) only better than I could say it. Don't worry about the personal stuff, it takes alot to embarrass us.

·
Super Moderator
54,603 Posts
Thanks to all. John, thanks to you for the offer. Don't listen to TG, I'm not an old goat. I'm just "middle aged"............ *cough ! TG, you and yours are always in my thoughts and prayers too.

Again, thanks to all. I don't usually like to bring personal stuff like this to the forums, but it's just been one of those times
OT, we're here to help you period! Doesn't matter what the issue!!! I'm glad you let us in on what is going on. These folks here do truly care and will offer up whatever help they can. I hope & pray your wife gets through this soon and you two can get on with life as it was intended!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts