Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tractorholic
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I had a guy offer to buy my Ride A Matic. It was a nice little tractor, but couldnt pull a sick whore out of church. So when the offer was spouted out I had to let her go. She brought me a great profit over the purchase price. And I hope the funds will sponsor another great tractor. Hopefully a green one.

·
Tractorholic
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have heard my whole life that " Pickups are red Tractors are green"

·
Tractorholic
988 Posts
If a Ride-a-Matic is RED, it must be sold! Of course, all kinds of folks seem to want to paint Bolens tractors BLUE, too. And some wannabes paint them in NOT BOLENS GREEN & NOT BOLENS YELLOW. It's enough to make a grown man cry!

·
Tacos!
1,082 Posts
I love custom color tractors, but off-color tractors is a whole different thing. It would be like painting a JD bright neon green and mustard yellow. Yuck. Not cool.

·
Squeaky Wheel
7,446 Posts
I paint them the right color if well know, or a nicer shade (flashier) of the same color to set it off from a crowd if it is not a well known machine.

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
i had a red 59 ride-a-matic. but i restored it an piy it back to green and yellow then i traded it for a 88 misubishi mity max sorry for the spelling but im sure you guys can fill in the blanks lol

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Yes I see a lot of tractors painted non original colors,and wonder why.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts