Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody knows any thing about these or has have one apart. This was on my mf12. I put a another one on and it runs now. So look at the back of the module and tell me what you think. It looks like the spark was jumping inside, so it would not get out the wire, and made a mark on the bakealight, or what ever it's called, plastic maybe? What do ya think.
Thanks so much for your input.

Noel

Attachments

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Looks like some thing in there is fryed and is arcing through the dielectric epoxy

Tried taking apart a voltage regulator that was sealed with that stuff and gave up , it's tough and not made to come apart.

·
Only member from Western South Dakota!
1,771 Posts
There should be some ohm specs for that available shouldn't there? Maybe you can find out that way but it sure looks like a burn in the epoxy.

DAC

Reactions: propane1

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I had 2 like that, little burnt looking spot. It could be a resistor that sits under the board right there. I have removed the epoxy 2 different ways, one with a torch and the other by soaking in a hot bath of veggie oil. I screwed both of mine up though as I dug too close to the pickup and broke a very small wire and not sure how to solder it back or where it goes.

Here is a guy, actually posted a little on this site, that has repaired three of them, all for under $10 per module. His repair article was also post back in the summer in Lawn and garden tractor mag.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/231-articles-engine-other/955730-tecumseh-ssi-ignition-repair.html

·
Super Moderator
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks TAHOE, I did see an article in the magazine about these modules, but that was two or three years ago. I'll
have to do some digging to see if I can find the magazines.

Noel

Reactions: MH81

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Thanks TAHOE, I did see an article in the magazine about these modules, but that was two or three years ago. I'll
have to do some digging to see if I can find the magazines.

Noel
This article was recent, this spring or summer. Its the same write up basically as my link to his MTF post.

Ed Stoller has take quite a few apart and diagram them, but he doesn't repair them.

·
Super Moderator
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i don't get the magazine anymore, been about a year and a half now.

noel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts