Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
Like Kris and shorty siad, leave it until the grass dies and then work it. If you can't wait that long hit it with a good herbicide. No carry over and won't hurt you next crop either but will knock the present grass dead.

·
Tractorholic
3,907 Posts
Are you ready to start your garden? Your enough south you could be getting close?
Up here freezing would pretty well kill it off.
If you can not wait for the roots to dry, I would agree with Chief Fan and go with the herbicide.
I am planning to start 1 or 2 new patches for Corn and dried beans next spring and will probably round up them before I till.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you ready to start your garden? Your enough south you could be getting close?
Up here freezing would pretty well kill it off.
If you can not wait for the roots to dry, I would agree with Chief Fan and go with the herbicide.
I am planning to start 1 or 2 new patches for Corn and dried beans next spring and will probably round up them before I till.
3 weeks before potatoes go in. I should've wait since I just plowed but I got bored I will let it go and until closer to plant and hit it again.

·
Registered
444 Posts
3 weeks before potatoes go in. I should've wait since I just plowed but I got bored I will let it go and until closer to plant and hit it again.
3 weeks... LOL In 3 weeks I will still be ice fishing. I do miss living in the south, but gawd, I DON'T miss the summer heat... LOL. Around here, planting before first of June is a treat. I have planted mid May and had to replant everything more than once.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
3 weeks... LOL In 3 weeks I will still be ice fishing. I do miss living in the south, but gawd, I DON'T miss the summer heat... LOL. Around here, planting before first of June is a treat. I have planted mid May and had to replant everything more than once.
If I don't plant before the end of march the plants will not produce before the heat kills everything.

·
Super Moderator
55,492 Posts
It's seat time!

Reactions: bbuckler
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.